are 29 questions about things we see every day or have known about all our lives. How many can you get right? These simple
questions are harder than you think - it just shows you how little we pay attention to the common place things of life. Put
your thinking caps on.
Mind teasers of COMMON KNOWLEDGE. No cheating!
No looking around! No using anything on or in your desk or computer!
Can you beat 18? The average is 7.
Write down your answers and check the answers at the bottom after completing the questions. REMEMBER - NO CHEATING!
1. On a standard traffic light, is the green
on the top or bottom?
2. How many
states are there? (Don't laugh, some people don't know.)
3. In which hand is the Statue of Liberty's torch?
4. What six colors are on the classic Campbell's soup label?
5. What two letters don't appear
on the telephone dial? (No Cheating!)
6. What two numbers on the telephone dial don't have letters by them?
7. When you walk does your left arm swing with your right or left leg?
8. How many matches
are in a standard pack?
9. On the
U.S. flag is the top stripe red or white?
10. What is the lowest number
on the FM dial?
11. Which way does water go down the drain, counter or clockwise?
12. Which way does a "no smoking"
sign's slash run?
13. How many channels on a VHF TV dial?
14. Which side of a woman's blouse are the buttons on?
15. On a NY license plate, is New York on the
top or bottom?
16. Which way do fans rotate?
17. Whose face is on the dime?
18. How many sides does a stop sign have?
19. Do books have even-numbered pages on the right or left side?
20. How many lug nuts are on a standard car wheel?
21. How many sides
are there on a standard pencil?
22. Sleepy, Happy, Sneezy, Grumpy, Dopey, Doc. Who's missing?
How many hot dog buns are in a standard package?
24. On which playing card is the card maker's
25. On which side of a Venetian blind is the cord that adjusts the opening between the slats?
26. On the back of a $1
bill, what is in the center?
27. There are 12 buttons on a touch tone phone. What two symbols bear
28. How many curves are there in the standard paper clip?
a merry-go-round turn counter or clockwise?
Click here for the answers!